Smoke Free Dining in Buncombe County
Sponsered By Project Assist
- Smoke Free Restaurants
- Look for the Traffic Light
- There’s No Such Thing as a “Non-Smoking Section.”
- What Can You Do?
- Trying to Quit? Get Free Help Here!
- What is Project Assist?
- Arden / Fletcher
- Black Mountain / Swannanoa
- Enka / Candler
- All of Buncombe County
Look for the traffic light that signals a restaurant is smoke free.
Project Assist promotes restaurants. To have your favorite restaurant listed on this guide, please call Project Assist at (828) 250-5048.
The Smoke Free Dining Guide is also Sponsored by...
Secondhand smoke travels throughout the entire restaurant, and the health risks for diners and wait staff are alarming.
Over 4,000 chemicals are found in tobacco smoke. Breathing it can cause cancer, heart disease, and other illnesses in people who don’t smoke.
And the truth is, most people prefer smoke-free dining. More than 3 out of 5 people in North Carolina are more likely to keep visiting their favorite restaurant where smoking is not allowed.
Contact Project ASSIST at (828) 250-5048 for more information.
- Be supportive of smoke-free restaurants by patronizing them.
- Encourage the restaurant to go smoke-free by writing a message on your bill or speaking with the manager.
- Please remember to express your appreciation to restaurants that are smoke-free and tell your friends!
- If your favorite restaurant in Buncombe County is smoke-free, and is not included in the guide, please contact Buncombe County Project ASSIST at (828) 250-5048.
Project ASSIST of Buncombe County is a coalition of community members who work together to develop and strengthen policies that promote smokefree and tobacco free lifestyles. We work with schools, colleges, recreational facilities, health care providers, restaurants, and work places to create healthier environments for our children and all community members.
Our goals are to prevent young people from using tobacco use, reducing the public's exposure to secondhand smoke, and to support people who want to quit.
If you are interested in helping, please call the main office at (828) 250-5048. The communtiy needs your help!